Thirteen Misheard Lyrics
1. “Sleep in heavenly peas.”-the Christmas carol, Silent Night: “Sleep in heavenly peace.
“2. “Gladly, the cross-eyed bear.”-the hymn, Gladly The Cross I’d Bear.
3. “There’s a bathroom on the right.”-Creedence Clearwater Revival, Bad Moon Rising: “There’s a bad moon on the rise.”
4. “Excuse me while I kiss this guy.”-Jimi Hendrix, Purple Haze: “Excuse me while I kiss the sky.”
5. “Dead ants are my friends; they’re blowin’ in the wind.”-Bob Dylan, Blowin’ In The Wind: “The answer my friend, is blowin’ in the wind.”
6. “Midnight after you’re wasted.”-Marcia Muldaur, “Midnight at the Oasis“.
7. “The girl with colitis goes by.”-The Beatles, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds: “The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.”
8. “She’s got a chicken to ride.”-The Beatles, Ticket to Ride: “She’s got a ticket to ride.”
9. “I’ll be your xylophone waiting for you.”-The Foundations, Build Me Up Buttercup: “I’ll be beside the phone waiting for you.”
10. “Are you going to starve an old friend?”-Simon and Garfunkel, Scarborough Fair: “Are you going to Scarborough Fair?”
11. “Baking carrot biscuits.”-Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Taking Care of Business.
12. “Donuts make my brown eyes blue.”-Crystal Gale, Don’t It Make My Brown Eyes Blue.
13. “Got a lot of lucky peanuts.”-Frankie Valley and the Four Seasons, Let’s Hang On: “Got a lot of love between us.”
From 1001 Dumbest Things Ever Said, ed. Steven D. Price
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!View More Thursday Thirteen Participants