1. Pretty much everything that ever happened on Little House on the Prairie, including when Albert was dying of leukemia,
2. And when the entire town of Walnut Grove blew itself up rather than fall into the hands of an unscrupulous businessman.
3. When the Chief died on Gimme A Break. (OK, so this one did actually happen to a real person.)
4. When Alex P. Keaton drove cross country on Family Ties in order to meet Ellen at the train station to prevent her from marrying her boyfriend, and to tell her that he loved her.
5. When Nancy Drew was kidnapped by the Howard Hughes-type recluse on The Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys Mystery Hour and it almost prompted Frank Hardy to admit how much he loved her.
6. When Carter was stabbed on ER, and as he fell to the floor, wounded, he looked over and saw Lucy also lying on the floor, mortally wounded.
7. When Ari shot and killed Kate on NCIS.
8. When Deputy Chief Brenda Johnson’s entire staff on The Closer, after fighting her for an entire year, all threatened to quit if she was fired from the department.
9. When Colby Granger turned out to be a spy for the Chinese on Numb3rs.
10. When Booth dropped everything and rushed to New Orleans to save Bones when she was unjustly accused of murder on Bones.
11. When Angela finally realized how much she cared for Hodgins after he survived being buried alive in a car on Bones.
12. When Keith Mars reveals to Veronica that he’s just gotten back the results of a paternity test that prove that she is, in fact, his daughter on Veronica Mars.
13. Also on Veronica Mars when Cassidy “Beaver” Casablancas blows up the airplane carrying his archenemy, and you thought that the explosion had also killed Keith Mars.
Oops, I forgot! 14. When Col. Henry Blake was killed in a plane crash on his way back home from Korea on M*A*S*H.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
I lurve this! Yes, those things were totally real, right?! Like when Hawkeye saw the lady smother her baby on the last episode of M*A*S*H or when Ross and Rachel finally did it, already. I really like your blog. I may send you a little note written on the back of a gas receipt that says “I like you. Do you like me? Check the box, yes or no.”
What a great list! I had this same experience while watching the first half of the Robin Hood season finale on BBC America. It took Marian “dying” (not sure if she’s really dead or not yet) for Robin to finally admit that he loved her.
Mark Caldwell says
The one that gets me every time is Agent Simon Donovan (Mark Harmon) getting shot in the West Wing.
Oh My God Jenny Ryan. I think about that MASH episode like once a week and i havent even seen the show in years. This was an AMAZING list idea. (Im just sorry I dont watch more of these shows!) Im going to have to think of a list myself now!
Liara Covert says
I think this is a faulous list as well. It goes to show how people can become so wrapped up in television worlds that they slowly forget how to distinguish between fact & fiction. Think also about the historic War of the Worlds radio program and how the initial broadcast caused widespread panic in reality because people assumed that it was real. Have we really come that far psychologically since then? Do we simply choose to believe in preferred worlds?