Thirteen Malaprops From High School And College Music Examsfrom 1001 Dumbest Things Ever Said, ed. Steven D. Price
- A good orchestra is always ready to play if the conductor steps on the podium.
- When a singer sings, he stirs up the air and makes it hit any passing eardrums. But if he is good, he knows how to keep it from hurting.
- Most authorities agree that music of antiquity was written long ago.
- Refrain means don’t do it. A refrain in music is the part you’d better not try to sing.
- The correct way to find the key to a piece of music is to use a pitchfork.
- A harp is a nude piano.
- A fugue was something the Hatfields and the McCoys had.
- Diatonic is a low-calorie soda.
- Music sung by two people at the same time is called a duel.
- It is easy to teach anyone to play the maracas. Just grip the neck and shake him in rhythm.
- If they sing without music it is called Acapulco.
- A virtuoso is a musician with real high morals.
- A trumpet is an instrument when it is not an elephant sound.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
#4 is my favourite.
I can relate to #13 when my son was first learning the trumpet.
My list is up
# 10 made me laugh out loud
John Masters says
Really good stuff here. I have zero musical training, and I think even I wouldn’t make bone-headed mistakes like these. I’m going to start using Acapulco. With my hick accent, everyone will think I’m seriously stupid, which perversely I think is funny.
LOL! 😀 Those are hilarious! Too funny. 🙂 Thanks for the laughs!
Happy T13. 🙂
it’s a funny list, i would say…happy TT!
Mama Duck says
ROTFL these are great – as a former music teacher, I think I’ve heard a few of these ;). Happy TT!
Lil’ Duck Duck
Kate Davies says
Love it! These are hilarious — I especially love #12.
Acapulco, I love it.
You know, you would hope that most of those were just smart ass answers…. but I somehow doubt it!
Great TT – thanks for the giggle 🙂
This was a fun list, I laughed at a few of them and I don’t know music! Thanks for stopping by mine.
Too funny!!! Thanks for the list.
My TT is up too.
Oh, those cracked me up. Thanks for sharing. What a fun TT!
Thanks for visiting.
hahah! a duel and a diatonic! hilarious!! very funny list. happy tt!
Ha! Funnee!!! 🙂 Thanks for the laughs! 🙂
ha! this is me i fear….
6, 9, 10, 13. . ha! Actually all fun, but the piano. . .