Thirteen Things about Jenny Ryan
1. I am afraid to stand behind my car and reach a-l-l the way into the back of the trunk because I know the moment I do, someone will come up behind me, push me in, and lock me in the trunk forever.
2. I am afraid to go to the bathroom during thunderstorms lest the toilet be struck by lightening and render me infertile and unable to ever again enjoy marital relations.
3. I am afraid that if I ever completely finish an entire alcoholic beverage by myself that I will instantly become a raving alcoholic. And so I never ever have.
4. I am terrified of running out of stale bread at the park and being pecked to death by an angry mob of ducks and geese.
5. I am afraid to be outside at night because I am afraid that bats will come and nest in my hair. It doesn’t matter if there are no bats anywhere near me, clearly NIGHTTIME=BATSNESTINGINHAIR TIME
6. I am afraid to call people-any people-on the phone.
7. I used to be afraid to order fast food because I had to talk to people by way of those scary speaker thingies.
8. It occurs to me that I might possibly be afraid of (talking to) people.
9. I am afraid I might somehow read every book in the entire known Universe and one day be left with nothing new to read.
10. I am afraid of imaginary snakes.
11. I am afraid that if I ever resolve all of my issues with my hair and my weight that I will then have nothing to think about all day and thus be r-e-a-l-l-y bored.
12. I am afraid that, when I am walking outside, if I don’t step on exactly the same number of pavement cracks with my right foot as I do with my left foot, that my feet will fall right off and I will have to spend the rest of my life hobbling painfully around on my sad little leg stumps.
13. I am afraid that if I actually reveal these inner workings of my mind on my blog, that I will scare away all of my readers.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
12. Don’t worry it won’t happen. I accidently made the mistake of not keeping my steps even. It was awful because everything was out of balanced for the rest of the day. It felt like things were crawling in my shoes. It was hours before things got back to normal. Always touch the pavement the same way with both feet.
Also, not keeping things even will make things different. Different is always bad. This is almost as bad as having your feet fall off.
You know, I wasn’t afraid of bats in the hair until I joined the spelunking team in high school. We wore helmets (kind of like a miner’s helmet,) but STILL when I saw bats, I was sure they were going right for my hair and my neck. Two caves and I AM OUT, baby!!
Thanks for a fearful 13!
Oh, I use to be really afraid of bats… then last summer we went to Carlsbad caverns… not quite so scared anymore!!! (we had a bat fly into our apartment when we first moved to Colorado… freak dh and I both out!! Cats went crazy!!)
Now that was so funny. (I’m sorry I am laughing about your fears. Really, I am.)
Have a great Thursday!
There was a Buffy episode once where the drive-thru speaker thing came to life and became a portal to another dimension. They’re scary things. 😉
I too am afraid of the imaginary snakes and rats…
My TT is up!
very brave of you to share, made me laugh but not at you, with you…
I’m afraid of #4 too and used to be afraid of #9–now I don’t have the time to read, so no worries!
If #8 is true, it’s a good thing you have a blog 🙂
Thanks for visiting my “fears” TT!
Well, I dont like calling people either, and for some reason always never seem to keep friends…maybe that’s part of it! 🙁 I miss people but am afraid of people, call me crazy!
really? are you serious? wow!
#9 is something I used to be afraid of, too, when I first moved to Japan and didn’t know anyone. I was a GREAT patron of the base library LOL!
that was a very entertaining list even though these are your fears! I have many of my own fears and maybe one week I will post mine! Thank you for sharing yours and hopefully you are trying to fix yours! My list is up!
Friday's Child says
You have lots of fears….Hope you still enjoy life without having fear of anything going to happen.
Thanks for stopping by.
Ah, yeh. Scary.
5. I am afraid to be outside at night because I am afraid that bats will come and nest in my hair. It doesn’t matter if there are no bats anywhere near me, clearly NIGHTIME=BATSNESTINGINHAIR TIME
Wow, this made me laugh till I had tears because strangely enough, the human pet thinks the same thing. Well, nearly the same thing. Originally from the North, she still is amazed at the number of creepy crawly things that come out to play in our Texan backyard as soon as the sun sets.
And let’s not forget the daily nighttime debate of, “Have we figured out what is making that bizarre chirping noise right by the deck when I go out for a smoke? It’s not a bird because it’s coming from the ground. It’s always coming from the ground. It has to be….something else.”
I can relate to so many of those things, especially the lightening storm / toilet and the bat / hair nesting. I hate calling people on the phone too but I don’t think I’m afraid of it. I just hate it. Great list!
I don’t like calling people up either. That’s why I LOVE email! Happy T13 and thanks for stopping by.
I have to tell you, I share EVERY SINGLE ONE of those fears! I dont feel so alone in the universe suddenly. Im sorry but Im gonna have to steal this idea eventually. (Ill credit you though….) My TT is up and you are already linked.
I’m terrified of #4! When I was little and feeding the ducks in England, a whole bunch of geese came waddling up to me trying to bite me, so I threw the whole loaf of bread at them and RAN. It must be tough to have so many phobias!
I can certainly relate to running out of books and ordering food over the phone. I’m hoping I won’t have to worry about the others in the near future. 😉 Thanks for dropping by. Cheers.
OMG, you’re totally neurotic! I love it! You just said a lot of the things that I think and feel. I have to act all big and brave though so I don’t pass my own neuroses to my kids. LOL
Thanks for stopping by my place, I’m bloglining you! 😀
I’m with you on #6! And I’m on the phone almost all day – figure that one out! I think I do it to test myself. 🙂 I hate using the phone in the evenings, though – and I’ve convinced everyone that since I’m on the phone all day, by the end of the day, I’m sick of it – so they know not to call me.
We’re all freaks at heart, hon. 🙂
Thanks for visiting mine!
Thank you so much to everyone who has let me know that I have not, in fact, made you run away screaming after letting you into the deep, secret places of my mind! 🙂 And to those who have let me know that admitting my fears has helped you-glad they are useful for something.
i must say wow im so amused! you’re like jack nicholson in As Good As It Gets. 🙂 you are one hilarious and interesting person. i have my own crazy fears, too. don’t worry. if you think you’re weird, remind yourself that everyone has his or her own weirdness.
this gives me an idea to post about my own fears. thanks!
Irish Church Lady says
Thanks for visiting me TT and acknowledging God’s sense of humour.
I hate talking on the phone too!
My phobia when I used to drive a standard transmission was that I would pull up inadvertently on the hand brake when I was going 60 mph and come to a dead stop! LOL I used to have to concentrate on not putting my hand anywhere near the handbrake. Thankfully I think I have gotten over this or maybe because I don’t drive standard shift anymore.
I also can relate to #13 but I can’t help it because I’m such a blabbermouth. What you read is the real me. God help me!
If Number 9 happens, you can have all my books! 🙂 I love buying books and checking out books at the library but I never read them! I need help!!!!
Thanks for stopping by my TT! Love your list, its hilarious and I can relate to some of them…Especially #9!!
I actually laughed at #4, angry ducks! The visual I got from that was funny!
What a great list! I might have to steal the subject! I usually just end up doing a random 13, nothing matches.
and I was going to take the kids to feed the ducks this afternoon…now I’lll have to rethink that! great list!