1. This TED talk by Dyana Valentine on How You Are Doing Everything Right.
2. The story of how journalist Paul Salopek plans to “retrace the steps of humans’ migration from Africa until he gets to Tierra del Fuego, at the southern tip of Chile.” You can follow the story on the project’s official website, “Out of Eden“.
3. These first few, grey, weeks of January are really challenging to me, So this invocation of the light really speaks to me.
4. My friend, Sarah Marie Lacy, is attending a Paris art school this year, and to help fund her tuition and living expenses she is offering something called “Sketches From The Road“. For a donation of $20 (or more, if you are so inspired), “Every week(ish), you’ll receive an email from me containing a little love letter, a video of me being a goof and sharing stories about life in rural France & our travels and about the art I’m making, as well as photos of the places I visit and images of my work as it changes and improves from week to week.”. It’s a fun way to kind of go “behind the scenes” with an artist, to watch their creative process and see one example of living an art-full life.
5. This amazing artwork by David Hayword, aka,nakedpastor: Graffiti artist on the walls of religion. He’s done an entire series of prints featuring the female energy/presence of Sophia-“wisdom”. I haven’t yet been able to choose just one print to buy for my office.
Hope you enjoy!