The fabulous Mert gave me a great honor the other day when she awarded me a Thinking Blogger Award. And now I get share this honor with some other bloggers.
Here are the rules for this award:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote.
So here are the people I’d like to honor in this post.
1. Baggage is someone who continually amazes me, and someone for whom I feel a tremendous amount of admiration. She is a foster mother and an adoptive mother, and she has an incredible gift for bringing children together and creating for them a sense of love, security, and family whether they are just there for a brief visit or an extended stay.
2. I visit Debra’s blog whenever I am in need of a “soul boost.” She is incredibly dedicated to her own personal growth, and is so generous in sharing her process and her resources with all of her readers. Plus she takes the most luscious, most gorgeous photographs that cause me to just sit and stare so that I can soak up all the colors and textures in order to nourish my soul.
3. Lynne is my most amazing coach, mentor, and friend. I’ve lost track of the times I’ve had something come up in my life and clicked on her blog, only to discover that she has just written a tremendously insightful post on that very subject.
4. I discovered Maggie’s blog through a blog carnival held by Baggage, and have been an avid reader ever since. I love her sense of humor and the way she writes about her everyday life.
5. And finally, Mert. I am so in awe of the way that she writes honestly about her life, both the good and the bad. She has been through a lot of really hard stuff, and despite all of that she is committed to creating the most loving and supportive family experience possible for herself, her husband, and her 2 children. I really admire her for that.